Scammers can fool you online by either producing fake accounts and trying to 'friend' you or even 'hack' into your account to gain access to your information by exploiting security weaknesses on devices.
You can get back on track by following the tips outlined in the below links:
- If your Facebook page has been compromised: Facebook information to re-secure your account.
- If your Twitter account has been hijacked: Twitter information on how to re-secure your page.
Remember to SHARE this with your friends and family to keep them safe too.
Social media security tips
Further information and instructions on Facebook security are available from:
- How to set up tag review
- Instructions for Privacy Settings
- Facebook and Privacy
IDCare is Australia and New Zealand’s national identity and cyber support service. They provide professional, free and anonymous support to members of the community who believe their personal information has been put at risk in any way (online or physical).
If you would like to be alerted of the latest scams in WA, please add your name and email address in the boxes below and click the blue button to subscribe:
Help and Support
- Help for Victims
- Personal info recovery
- Personal information stolen
- Fell in love - with a scammer
- Social profile hacked
- Facebook identity stolen
- Clean up your device
- Financial recovery
- Wise up to scams