Scams, ripoffs and frauds are becoming more and more commonplace. The Department of Energy, Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety developed WA ScamNet as one method of combatting this ever increasing problem.
What is WA ScamNet?
WA ScamNet profiles the most prevalent scams targeting Western Australians and provides information on different types of scams, how to recognise scams, and what to do if you have received a scam. It also provides links to other useful websites.
How can you help WA ScamNet?
WA ScamNet gathers information from consumers and businesses and profiles scams that have targeted Western Australians. Simply by sending in your suspect emails and letters, Consumer Protection can identify the most prevalent scams and provide information to law enforcement agencies here in Australia and overseas.
Join us in the fight against scams!
- Subscribe to WA ScamNet alert and keep informed about current scams.
- You can also report an email-scam to the Department by:
- Forwarding the suspicious email to WA ScamNet.
- Call Consumer Protection: 1300 304 054 (for the cost of a local call anywhere in WA);
- Post any letter scams you receive direct to WA ScamNet (no stamp required):
- WA ScamNet Consumer Protection - DEMIRSReply Paid 85406 Locked Bag 100 EAST PERTH Western Australia 6892