Scammers often emerge in the wake of natural disasters to try and steal money from donors and the intended recipients. It is important to report any scams online to WA ScamNet or call 1300 30 40 54 so we can warn consumers and get fake pages shut down as soon as possible.
Used vehicle buyers are also being warned to carry out thorough checks with the risk of flood-damaged vehicles from the Kimberley being sold on the WA market.
For further information relating to Kimberley flood scams, see the latest alerts below:
- Warning about buying used vehicles damaged by Kimberley floods
- More scams target Kimberley flood victims via social media
- Ensure flood donations go to official charities
There are various versions of Kimberley scam warning posters which have been created by Consumer Protection in plain English with plain English subtitles, Kriol and Walmajarri with plain English subtitles, which can be downloaded and used appropriately to spread awareness.
Kimberley Scam warning video
The scam video is availble from Consumer Protection's Vimeo channel to view or download in the following languages:
- Kriol - Kimberley scam alert video
- Plain English - Kimberley scam alert video
- Walmajarri - Kimberley scam alert video (with English subtitles)
Scam Alert Poster